Tuesday, December 20, 2011

NBA 2K Wishlist (My Player)

What I would like to see for 2K13 in the My Player mode.


My Player-specific commentary: The broadcast crew hardly mentions your My Player at all. It would be nice if they can talk about him just a bit; I’m working hard and I just want some recognition *sniff*. Maybe some general status commentary, like how he is doing his rookie year, what he can do to crack the starting lineup, if he is one of the best bench players in the league, if he should have been taken higher or lower in the draft, etc. If he is having a career game, mention how the rookie is growing up in front of their eyes and stuff like that. Then when he is more established, how he has improved, can he make the Allstar team, what he can do better, etc. Then when he is one of the best in the league, talk about him like they talk about some other Allstars. Also mention him among the league leaders in certain stats when that graphic comes up. Little comments like that will make the My Player really feel like he exists in the NBA instead of just a created thing.


I should be able to customize the voice of your My Player. 


   - Customize the Pitch, Tone & Accent (NYC, Southern, Surfer, International, etc.)


Voice could be used for: 


  - On the court chatter


  - Press conferences


I should be allowed to choose what my secondary position is.


And get rid of that stupid nickname option. Most of those nicknames suck anyways.


And my player shouldn't be being interviewed after every game when I'm only get 10 mins a game as a rookie. Better & more interview questions need to be added, and get rid of the "ya feel Me" comments.


And be able to choose what kind of personality your player has, are they a team player like Tim Duncan or Dirk Nowitzki or are they arrogant asshole like LBJ or do they want to win no matter what like Mike & Sir Chuck.


And your My Player should get traded without you asking for a trade. Rookies & young players on contenders get traded in real life make this happen 2K.


And instead of just having that rookie showcase game, have like "March Madness" games prior to the showcase game like NCAA does with their Campus Legend mode. And have 2 more showcase games. 


I don't how it was in 2K11, but in 2K12 I was drafted with 14th overall pick but Houston still had their "real" 14th overall pick on the roster. Smh.


And I wish they wouldn't have the exact draft as it was. Have teams draft on what they did in the "March Madness" tourney & the showcase games.


And fix the effing trade logic. I don't want to see Durant being traded away from OKC. Or D-Rose traded away from the Bulls. Or the big 3 in Miami being split up. Or Dallas trading Dirk.


And have some kind of generic story (that you choose) behind your My Player that the commentators talk about during the game.


You should get bonus money for major accomplishments:


   - Endorsments


   - Breaking a record


   - Making an all-star team


   - Being player of the month and/or week


   - Being on a playoff team


   - Making it to the NBA Finals


   - Winning the NBA Finals


Have different career choices:


  - Choose your sponsor like And 1, Reebok, Nike, Converse or Jordan.


   - Have more than just shoe sponsorships.


  - Have off the-court decisions you have to make.


  - Have the option to be able to hold out in order to get a new higher paying contract, but only certain teams will give in to your demands while others will just trade you and others will just let you continue your holdout and not budge.


  - Become "friends" with other players across the league and when you & your "friends" become free agents, you are more willing to sign with the same teams (ie LBJ, D-Wade & Bosh) but the option is all up to you if that's something you want to do.


  - Add a smart phone feature where you receive emails, calls & texts from coaches, agents, players across the league, owners, etc. and you can reply to the emails, texts & calls.


  - Make it harder to get playing time. For example, if I'm on Celtics I shouldn't be taking time away from a player like Brandon Bass or Jeff Green if they are better than me.


  - If My Player becomes the best player on the team aka highest rated player on the team, the commentary should be centered around me.


Have an option where you enter in a hometown in for your player & when you go play a team close to your hometown the commentators make a big deal about it. And in free agency your "hometown" is more willing to pay you more money to come play for them.


Better customization options. Tattoos, shoes, accessories, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment